Monday, March 24, 2008

Claws Of Fury... or About Those Scratches


This is Sky -- our wild and beautiful free-spirited cat. As you can see in this photo, he also has his sweet, gentle, contemplative moments.

Sky is deaf, but that hasn't stopped him from becoming the cheerful Top Cat here: he's fearless, ever-curious, always ready to play.

He loves to be carried around our home, tummy up, blissfully watching the world go by upside down.

Except when he doesn't.

He abruptly changed his mind on this matter Sunday evening as I was carrying him. Of course, the quickest way to right himself in a flash and escape was to push off hard with his back paws.

Looking for traction to launch himself down to the floor, kicking his legs, he found it. On my face.

Some of the more keen-eyed among you may notice on TV what is obvious if you see me in person: several scratches across my left jaw. One of them was bad enough to require a few stitches.

The scratches and sewing aren't very telegenic...but I figure if Charlie Rose can press on (see the story below), so can I.

No comments: