Friday, December 22, 2006

Secret Mario/Jim Balsillie Video Revealed?

Not quite, but you'll want to see this.





I stumbled upon this video while researching the Penguins story.
It's a sketch by the Royal Canadian Air Farce that I discovered while googling Jim Balsillie.

As some of you may have seen, this has been my week for unusual BlackBerry connections to the Penguins/arena/slots story.

Shortly after twelve on Thursday, my BlackBerry buzzed with the arrival of Mario Lemieux's news release revealing that the Pens would "begin discussions with other cities that may be interested in NHL teams". I quickly phoned in a report for our noon news. In the middle of answering an on-air question from Sally Wiggin, I happened to spot Mayor Ravenstahl walking up the steps of the City County Building. I cut short my live report and my photographer T.J. and I dodged lunch hour traffic on Grant Street to get the mayor's response.

To my–and the mayor's–surprise, the word had been e-mailed to the media with no advance warning to local government officials. I found myself in the position of reading Mario's statement to the mayor from the screen of my BlackBerry as we stood outside next to the city's Christmas tree.


(Credit to Karlo's Blogovich for the YouTube link.)

No comments: